Schedule an Alabama Driver’s License Test
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) offers appointment scheduling for driver’s license testing. Unfortunately, the Department of Public Safety (DPS) does NOT offer Alabama DMV Appointments for other transactions.
To schedule a driver license test, visit the online portal and provide your:
- Last name.
- Phone number.
- Email Address.
Leave the appointment number field blank unless you want to cancel or reschedule an existing appointment.
Going to an Alabama DPS Office In Person
The ALEA will send a confirmation email and provide a map and instructions to the testing site if you give a starting address.
NOTE: If you make more than one appointment at a time ALEA will cancel both appointments.
Alabama DPS Online Services
Fortunately, many DMV transactions do NOT require a trip to your local office. ALEA and the Department of Revenue allow you to complete the following tasks and more online:
- Renew your driver’s license.
- Check your driving record.
- Change your address.
- Renew your registration (select counties only).
- Pay a ticket.
Best Times to Visit the AL DMV
Sometimes going to the local vehicle licensing office is unavoidable. Avoid the crowd by choosing the right time to make your trip. Avoid:
- Mondays and Fridays.
- The days immediately before and after holidays.
- The first and last days of the month.
- The lunch and evening hours. If you have to visit in the evening, make sure you give yourself enough time to complete your transaction, especially when you need to take a test.